Friday, January 27, 2012

New Christmas Tradition...one last Christmas post


Okay, so this is my LAST Christmas post.  I promise.  I almost forgot to share this, but then stumbling upon the pictures in my camera, I knew it had to be done. 

For Christmas this year, Mallory's primary sitter got her a box of the Crayola Window Markers.  I had seen these before and purposefully steered clear of them thinking to myself, "if I let her color on the windows, then what is going to keep her from coloring on the walls?"  However, I was wrong.  These things are great and so much fun!  Mallory knows they are to only go on the windows and is very good about following those directions.  Anyways, she was so excited when she opened them, she insisted that we play with them as soon as we got home that day.  It was that evening that I decided it was time for a new tradition.  

Our back door are french window doors with a wood grid (see above).  So I decided that each person coming or staying at the house over Christmas could decorate one of the rectangular windows on the back door for the holiday.  Not everyone chose to do this, but there was one particular night involving wine where we got a little carried away.  Actually, not WE but more EE & Uncle Todd.  Here are some of our crazy masterpieces.  

 It all started with EE's rendition of Dorothy's ruby red slippers.  Above, is her depiction of said slippers.
 In attempts to show her up, Uncle Todd took a stab at it and clearly won. 
 Then came Christmas presents complete with sarcastic caption "Christmas...after the economy recovers."
 This one was quite entertaining.  It started off as a person skating and it was decided that it looked like Owen Wilson when finished.  Artwork and caption by EE, "Owen Wilson Skates on a Pork Chop."
 Moving on...here is a picture drawn by Uncle Todd illustrating what is to be expected come 2015, in their dreams, of course. 
 This was the family portrait by Uncle Todd complete with dog, cat, and baby in a basket.
 This was my stunning Christmas Tree...
 and my award winning snowman. 
 And in the spirit of saving the best (most creative) for last....Marc's Krampus.  This is the Christmas tradition that began in Germany where Krampus (who is some sort of monster) comes and kidnaps kids that are bad.  He comes complete with a whip and chain.  If you look close, you can see the bad little children in his backpack.  So joyful.  




No comments: