Monday, January 2, 2012

Fall Leaves


 In Early November on a perfect fall day, the whole family went outside to help Daddy rake the leaves and we had a ball.  We raked these huge piles of leaves and then played in them over and over and over again.  It had been awhile since we had been able to play outside and I could tell that Mallory was really enjoying it.  She kept asking for more piles to play in and we obliged.  

Fall has always been my favorite time of year and I think that playing in the leaves is a big part of that.  I remember as a child looking forward to when the leaves would fall off the trees just so I could eventually plummet into them at full force.  My Grandfather used to rake all of the leaves in his rather large yard and put them in his fenced off garden (that wasn't being used at the time) and it would become one huge contained pile of leaves that we would jump in for hours on end.  Such a fond memory I have with of my childhood with my siblings.  Watching Mallory run and jump at full speed brought me back to that.  It is true that having a child makes you re-live your memories and lets you be a kid all over again.  







No comments: