Sunday, March 11, 2012

First Stab at Cereal

 I can't wrap my head around how quickly time is moving lately.  The older I get, the quicker time moves.  Why is that?  I remember being little and wanting time to move quickly, wanting to grow up.  Now that I am older, I want things to slow down, I want time to creep by, but it doesn't...it flies by so quickly, I feel if I were to blink, I may miss it.  I turned around and suddenly Wes is ready to start the transition to solid foods.     Wasn't he just born yesterday?  **sigh**

So, we mixed the whole wheat oatmeal with his formula (trying to start things off right...) and he gobbled it down very well for his first attempt.  I was quite amazed actually.  I was later told that kids that have to take medicine are typically better at eating with a spoon, because they are used to sucking the medicine out of the dropper.  It makes sense, because each bite he slurped in a sucking motion.  It was quite cute really.  However, when it was time to stop, he let us know!!  Overall, he did better then his sister, seen here.

Since this first attempt, he got a stomach bug and stopped eating cereal all together.  However, we added some mashed up banana's to it and now he is back to eating like a champ.  I find myself at the store contemplating new things to try; pears, peaches, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes?  Then I take a step back and realize that I am not ready for him to grow this quickly!!!  I know it is such a cliche, but it is true...these kids grow up way too fast.  :(









No comments: